It’s mid-September, and that means it’s time for the U.S. bicycle industry’s annual product orgy, otherwise known as Interbike. This past week, bicycle manufacturers and other purveyors of of bicycle accessories and related items, along with bicycle dealers descended on Las Vegas, Nevada to scope each other out, and see what’s in store for the 2012 season.
Of course Diane and Brian were there, and Diane got to conduct Outspoken Cyclist interviews in the official media booth right on the show floor! So this week’s show is all about the guests, and there are plenty of them, so let’s jump right in:
- Phil Latz, of Bicycling Australia, publisher of the great Where to Bike book series, which includes titles for nine U.S. cities
- Peter & Garrett Enwright, of Phil Wood & Co., makers of legendary hubs, bottom brackets, and other bulletproof components (and even some non-bicycle stuff)
- Craig Calfee of Calfee Design
- Mike Deme and Wynona Bateman of Adventure Cycling in Missoula, Montana
- Nelson Vails, former track cycling great, and one of Diane’s few true heroes.
We hope you enjoy this special Interbike edition of The Outspoken Cyclist. We’ll be back in the WJCU studios next Saturday with more great guests and Diane’s perspective on products and trends she saw at Interbike 2011.
A special thanks to Clark Winegar of Mustache Power Productions for recording the location audio at Interbike for this week’s show.